Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fair Trade - Supporting Women

A cousin of mine referred me to this website/online store called Bambootique. The story the beginnings of this company is this.

"Bambootique was born in 2006 when my girlfriend Tammy and I (Beth) decided to make a real and lasting difference through, yes, shopping. We were co-workers at an international health organization and our work led us to the same conclusion - economic empowerment of women is key to ending poverty. We knew that when women have access to a living income, they reinvest in their children's education, healthcare and future. We knew we could do something about it. So we did." Click here for more.

Wow....I was in awe of the step Beth and her friend took to put their belief system into action. Beth also has a blog about sustainable living while still living in suburbia.....yes.....we can ALL do it.

Here is one of her more recent posts that says it all.......The Faces of Fair Trade at Bambootique.

Thanks Beth!

Sammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy, I just came across your blog post about my company, Bambootique. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement! You have a terrific blog too. I enjoyed having a look around today.

Beth Sethi, Bambootique
http://www.shopbambootique.com