Sunday, December 21, 2008

Arctic Blast Day 2

Well, we really are officially in an arctic blast of a storm. Church was canceled and we really couldn't drive anywhere, so we went for a very long walk. We bundled up and walked to Laurelhurst Park........see cute Karl.














Oops, someone forgot to turn off their fountain.....bummer.









Along the way we helped push a four wheel drive out of a snow drift, stopped for coffee, treats and made two potty stops. By the time we got home, our clothing was a sheet of ice. Thankfully we had soup on the stove waiting for us.





Here's the latest on the gnome. He's not very happy. He may not see the light of day for a while! I hope he can breath okay.



Our friends, Jill and Laurie, sent this picture of their dog, Scooter. Now to be called Scooter the flying pooch!




Sammy

3 comments:

mNg said...

God I am jealous! I wish we had snow here :)

Neuroknitter said...

I heard about your long walk! You put us to shame...we didn't venture out yesterday except to take photos from under the eaves...knitting, cooking and X-File DVDs were the prescription for the day!

Great pics! Isn't Scooter the Flying Pooch adorable!!

Happy holidays to you and Karl!

Anonymous said...

I like all photos very much.By seeing the photos itself I came to know the worth of the place.I should visit once.Thanks for sharing!