Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Grace


Another lovely rainy spring day in the Pacific Northwest. It rains, the suns, then rains, then suns......I keep trying to go outside to work in the yard, but then I get fooled. No dirt work today. Instead I've been working and practicing with my camera. I spent Saturday afternoon with my friend, Gail, and was inspired by her and her SLR camera. She posts amazing photos on her knitting blog www.weheartyarn.com. Thank you, Gail, for giving me some tips. I will be asking you soon for another "class". Next time it's my treat!

I love spring. Watching things grow is an amazing feeling.....it makes my heart happy.


THE air was full of sun and birds,
The fresh air sparkled clearly.
Remembrance wakened in my heart
And I knew I loved her dearly.

The fallows and the leafless trees
And all my spirit tingled.
My earliest thought of love, and Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled.

In my still heart the thoughts awoke,
Came lone by lone together -
Say, birds and Sun and Spring, is Love
A mere affair of weather?

Spring Song by Robert Louis Stevenson

Grace and peace to you,
Sammy

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

Saturday was way too much fun!! Thank you!!!

I love that crocus!! Look at that cute little bud emerging. You go girl!

Beautiful poem by Stevenson.