Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Grace

I really do try to post every Sunday for Sunday Grace......but sometimes time gets away from me. I know you know what I mean.

Today is a special day.....Easter Sunday. For me, Easter means redemption, all things beginning new. How fitting that Easter falls in Spring, when it's so green that it almost looks dreamlike, when the first flowers begin their bloom. Yes, it rains, but with rain comes a beautiful iridesence that is magical.

Vase of Spring....




Dogwood bud....


Pear tree bud....


Gail, can you see that I'm learning????

I have to admit, this excited me most this week (other than my birthday).......we rebuilt our composting area. I feel like a grown up urban farmer now........


I also turned 40 on Friday.....it really has been a lovely weekend.......good friends.......good food. I LOVE that I'm 40 now. My body creaks a little, I don't jump out of bed like I used too.....but I know more about who I am than ever before and accept where I am in my journey. What more could I really ask for?


Special friends, Pete, Laurie and Gail.....at the best Gelato place in Portland!
My most awesome and beautiful sister, Tabitha....



See you soon, Sammy

4 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Happy Easter!!!

Your pictures are beautiful! Wowie Sammy!!! Those buds are awesome!!

Yesterday was a blast and a half!!

Darling picture of you and your sister! Were you guys at Pix by any chance, the interior looks familiar?

Sammy said...

Oh yes, it was surely Pix....on Williams. It's one of my favs!!!! That would be a great place for a knitting afternoon BTW!!

Tabs said...

You called me awesome and beautiful? Thats not right, that's what I call YOU. :)

We have really shiny lips.

We really do like sisters, don't we?

Anyway, LOVE YOU so very much my most awesomest and beautifulest sister!

Neuroknitter said...

Sounds like a knitting-foodie-photoshoot date to me!!