Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Grace

Busy, busy weekend.....but now it's Sunday evening....one of my favorite times of the week. The busyness has settled down and the chores for the coming week are done. It means a time of quiet, reading, knitting......getting my head around the week ahead.

We hosted Mother's Day at our house and had a wonderful patio lunch....the weather cooperated. This picture is so my sister and her fun loving self and I love her all the more for it! Mom (Katy), Sister (Tabitha) and me.


Oh, here's the right one....


I love lilacs....this is one I planted last year.....the white tipping is so soft and delicate.



While Earth herself is adorning

This sweet May morning,

And the children are culling

On every side

In a thousand valleys far and wide,

Fresh flowers; while the sun shines warm

And the Babe leaps up on it's mother's arm-

Then sing ye Birds, sing, sing a joyous song

And let the young lambs bound as to the Tabor's sound

We in thought will join your throng

Ye that pipe and ye that play

Ye that through your hearts today

Feel the gladness of the May

W.Wordsworth


Grace and peace to you,

Sammy

2 comments:

Tabs said...

AHAHAHAHA!!!! Love it! Love you!

Neuroknitter said...

Sounds like you had a great day!!

Perfect poem, and your lilacs are gorgeous!! :)