Friday, September 19, 2008

Blog Beginnings

I finally broke down and decided to begin a blog......partly because I recently helped my husband put together a blog for his artwork and it got me thinking.....hmmmm, I could start one for me about things I love.......so here I am. I think it will be a mix of gardening....cooking.....reading...... ruminating about things in my head and my heart.......among other things. I'll start with the easy stuff.

First to my garden, which is a very special part of my sanctuary. To appreciate the fullness of it you have to see before and after pictures.

"Before" when we moved in 2 1/2 years ago......phfft!

"During" the process of landscaping.....getting better.

And this August - a garden o' plenty!

Beauty of flowers....

Love it Love it Love it.....

Me and My Corn Patch...

Before this I was never a dig in the dirt kind of girl, but something changed over the last few years. Working in my garden came at a time in my life where I needed space and time for my head and heart to heal. I needed good physical work and lots of time for my heart to work out some complicated things. It was a powerful healing exercise and still is today. More often than not, when I'm struggling with something, you will find me wandering in my garden working myself out. I also have discovered that I LOVE growing my own vegetables and flowers. I love the feeling of being able to feed my little family and bring beautiful color and life to our home. (Willie and Ginger especially appreciate the fresh lettuce and parsley).

Well, more on this later.
Sammy

2 comments:

shellebee75 said...

OH I AM SO ENvious!! what a wonderful job you have done in your backyard!!!! hehehe for some reason unless its a cactus, plants don't seem to like me!!! Your garden looks just Beautiful!!

judy2shoes said...

Sammy,
What a gorgeous transformation of your yard! and YOU in the process.
I have the same exotic bulbs in my garden.....can't remember the name, but I'll research it for you! And Joan Anderson has been a wonderful voice in my life. Your the first person I've met that knows her work!

Happy Fall gardening....it's a contemplative and nourishing time in the garden!