Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama!

I will take only this one post to espouse my political views. Last night as I watched the returns coming in and finally the call by CNN that Barack Obama was our President Elect.........I was stunned and didn't know if I could really believe what I saw. It took a few moments for it to sink in before I really could believe it happened.......and then I celebrated! I celebrated that we will finally have a leader that will inspire us......to encourage us to look beyond ourselves. I celebrated that people all over the country did not let race be a factor in their voting (bradley effect.....good riddance). I know this election wasn't supposed to be about race (and that's not why I voted for Obama).......but how can we not celebrate the election of an African American to the greatest position in the world. To me, it was a truly American moment.......reminding me how much I love this country!

Sammy

No comments: