Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Camus


The new year began in the midst of winter rain (or more like a monsoon), cold, wet and a bit dreary. But I feel that I have an invincible summer within me. I do not begin to know what this year will hold, but I feel hopeful and expectant......not for something great to happen, but that LIFE will happen and I will embrace whatever may come.

Today is a new day, a day of rebirth, a chance to refocus and renew. So here's a little lovely......

My amazing friend, Sherrie, is an Oma (grandmother) again. Her baby Charrise had a second child, a precious little girl. Congratulations Charisse and Dan.


Riley Marie Treuko

Welcome to the world, little one.

You are loved.


Hmm, that picture just makes me smile. There is no more beautiful picture than that of a mother and her child.


Happy New Year,


Sammy

2 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

I love that Camus quote! :)

Happy New Year to you and Karl! Congrats to Sherrie on the new arrival!!

Tabs said...

Your so philosophical...

:)