Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Grace

Today in church our pastor continued on the theme of grace. He likened how we view God's grace to a legal pad.....I know it sounds strange, but here is a short synopsis (with my own intrepretation and creative license). Many of us don't feel that we qualify for God's gift of grace and we struggle with being good enough. We feel as if God is holding a legal pad and he writes down all of our bad stuff and when we are sorry he rips that page off and throws it away, but then he starts all over again. God's grace is not like that legal pad at all. When He sent His Son, he threw away the whole entire legal pad stash in the world. Just gone. He sees us through the lens of His Son, justified and loved. Amazing and lovely. So let's not be so hard on ourselves shall we?

On to knitting (quite a segway huh?), this week I finished a knitted kerchief and I love it. In fact, I'm going to knit madly for a few weeks to make more. I had to adjust the pattern a bit, which was quite scary because I have never done that. But I had the encouragement of my friend Gail which I so appreciated and it worked out beautifully. Here is it.....don't cha just love the cute little button?

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.

--e.e. cummings

Sammy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must see this modeled! (Becky)

Neuroknitter said...

I just love your Sunday 'Grace' posts! I truly look forward to them and your thoughtful writing. You make me think :)

On to the knitting--Love. It!!! I totally love your kerchief...and that button is adorable! You're a natural!! I can't wait to see it in person!!!

Gelato break this weekend!?

michelle allen said...

This is a beautiful post. I love that illustration your pastor used, what a great reminder. I found you thru Judy Wise via your husband. :)