Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Grace

Hmmm, I'm a bit tired tonight. It was a good weekend, but long on physical exhaustion.....a 10.5 mile run on Saturday with a bunch of gardening thrown in besides. My 40 year old body doesn't recover like it used to.

Karl worked on extending our fense on the East side of the house, so we would have more storage area for my gardening tools of the trade. He also built me a raised bed for a strawberry patch. I LOVE my handyman!
My folks took us out to dinner on Friday night, kind of a late birthday dinner. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, The Rose and Thistle Pub. They have a great outside patio that you would never know was there from the outside. Had a great Scottish meal and a pint o' cider.


Did you know that every life is a beautiful mess? We talked about that in church today. No one is perfect and we all sin, but the grace of God saves us from guilt and shame. He calls us to come along side others gently and humbly, to carry each others burdens, to love like he does. We are not our sin......we are made in the image of God. That makes me thankful that my life is a beautiful mess.


May God's grace touch your life in a special way this week,


Sammy

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

What a lovely post!

Look at your lovely family and that awesome tulip!! Wowza!